POSITION: Wireless Tower Crew Tech III (Tophand)
Candidates must be able to lead and teach by example and carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work via checklists and work procedures, and must be able and willing to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 400+ feet..
LOCATION: New England Region
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications.
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
- Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps, Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial to Fiber, Site Upgrades and Capacity Expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Minimum years of experience: (2 - 3 Years of Tower Climbing Experience)
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and meet TSC’s driver eligibility criteria in order to drive an TSC company vehicle.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer, pre-employment.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; TSC will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Must successfully complete TSC’s tower training program at required level.
- Must be able to travel outside home market (New England Region) up to 50% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer projects and business needs.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Employer paid employee health insurance available
- Paid Holidays
- Paid PTO
- 401 K with 5% match
Why TSC is a great place to work:
- At TSC we are proud to have been a strong stable part of telecoms construction history and to continue to succeed in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day.
- We win by working together and seeking to improve our performance and opportunities for our team members every day.
- TSC team members have high paying construction jobs in the 5G space with unlimited opportunity for work, growth and advancement. We succeed when you succeed.
- “TSC…One Mission, Excellence in Customer Service”
TSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TSC does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.