Why TSC is a great place to work:
At TSC we are proud to have been a strong stable part of telecoms construction history and to continue to succeed in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day.
We win by working together and seeking to improve our performance and opportunities for our team members every day.
TSC team members have high paying construction jobs in the 5G space with unlimited opportunity for work, growth and advancement. We succeed when you succeed.
TSC Offer the following:
Perdiem when out of town
Paid weekly – Direct Deposit (PAID ON TIME EVERY FRI!)
Stable well-funded company with lots of work
Employer paid health insurance
401K with 5% match
Paid Holidays and PTO
“TSC…One Mission, Excellence in Customer Service”
Position: - Tower Crew Foreman
Telecom Tower Crew Foreman:
Candidates must be able to lead and teach by example and carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work via checklists and work procedures. Must have good people and teaching skills to be successful. Must be able and willing to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Inspect, supervise and participate in the work being performed by tower crew members.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications.
- Perform Anritsu Sweep Testing, PIM Testing and Fiber Testing.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
- Perform cellular radio and antenna swaps, legacy cable plant upgrades from coaxial cable to fiber, site upgrades and capacity expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum years of experience: (3 - 4 Years of Tower Climbing Experience)
- Must have prior experience working as a Tower Foreman or Crew Lead.
- Must have experience supervising crews of 2-5 employees.
- Must have new build, colocation, civil wireless construction experience.
- Must have experience interacting with customers and problem resolution.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and meet TSC’s driver eligibility criteria in order to drive an TSC company vehicle.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer, pre-employment.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; TSC will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Must successfully complete TSC’s tower training program at required level.
- Some positions must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer projects and business needs.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language for safety reasons.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or perplexing situations.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required.
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.
TSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TSC does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.