Why TSC is a great place to work:
At TSC we are proud to have been a strong stable part of telecoms construction history and to continue to succeed in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day.
We win by working together and seeking to improve our performance and opportunities for our team members every day.
TSC team members have high paying construction jobs in the 5G space with unlimited opportunity for work, growth and advancement. We succeed when you succeed.
“TSC…One Mission, Excellence in Customer Service”
*TSC Offer the following:
1. Competitive Pay
2. Perdiem when out of town
3. Paid weekly – Direct Deposit (PAID ON TIME EVERY FRI!)
4. Stable well-funded company with lots of work
5. Multiple markets
6. Employer paid employee health insurance
7. 401K with 5% match
8. Paid Holidays and PTO
POSITION TITLE – CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (FORMER CREW FOREMAN)
TSC is seeking exceptional tower crew foreman who are ready to advance their career to the next level. If you have 5 plus years as a Crew Foreman and plan to stay in the wireless Industry, this is a great opportunity for you! This is a fulltime Salary Position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as point of contact, maintain and manage company crews and subcontractors.
- Assist with overseeing construction team.
- Assist with coordination of schedules, cost, and estimations.
- Serve as single point of contact between project management and construction execution.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Ability to read/interpret Construction Drawings, Structural Analyses, RFDS’s and other site-specific documentation
- Scoping Experience and Strong Computer skills, Assist with BOM validation based on site documentation (CD’s, RFDS, etc.)
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Evaluate site conditions relative to scope of work and out of scope work and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare RFP and Bid responses including financial budgets.
- Provide direction to general contractors and subs as required.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Company construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Act as Company safety observer and quality assurance representative while on site ensuring compliance with Company safety program and related workmanship practices
- Understand basic RF principles and coordinate with RF Engineers on problem solving issues.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold vendors accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Company; Develop customer relationships
- High School degree (Bachelors preferred) or relevant and equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications/wireless Crew Foreman experience Knowledge of Wireless Cellular Tower Sites, Rooftops and other non-traditional locations.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermediation (PIM) testing.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and RF principles.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards; OSHA 10 (Minimum) Prefer OSHA 30
- Knowledge of construction management process including budget development and execution
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read, understand and comment on blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose workflow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office (including Excel) and project management software.
- Electrical knowledge and experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift to 51 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry and climb ladders, work from heights, work in small crawl spaces, balance, stoop, kneel. The employee is expected to work in all weather conditions, both in extreme cold and heat. The employee may drive for extended periods of time, including all weather and light conditions.
- Four (8) or more years in a telecom wireless tower L&A environment
- Two (5) or more years of experience desired as former Crew Foreman.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends required.
Travel to sites is required. Regular Travel throughout Florida. Other travel up to Nationwide if needed. Overnight hotel stays if the job requires it.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
TSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TSC does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.